9 Things every first time mom needs to do
2. Don't care what other people say about your parenting. You will make mistakes, you will have awesome mom moments and it is all fine. Screw the other parents, grand-parents and strangers who dare even give you a side eye.
3. Take a shower, even if you have to sit the kid in the shower with you, strap them in a chair so they can watch you or drag their pack&play around, get in a rinse off. Bathing will make you feel human and if not sane at least alive.
4. Accept poop. Poop will be places you never thought possible. It will smell and squish and be important in ways you can't imagine. It's cool, we know you care a lot so just go with it.
5. Buy and learn everything about your pressure cooker, it will feed you and your family when the baby won't let you put him down. Toss in a chicken, throw in carrots while you cry and press that start button. Boom you've got dinner.
6. Keep your ipad and phone charged. You will be taking photos, lots of them, of sleeping, crying and playing baby. But you will also be texting, emailing and reading to keep your mind from exploding from boredom. It's all good. Get some ebooks (might I suggest some of our nice advertisers), download podcasts and embrace your inner google fiend.
7. Use diaper wipes for everything. You'll smell some days (weeks) and that's okay. There will be puke on things. That's cool. Just wipe up and you're good to go.
8. Buy nursing shirts. Even if you don't feel like spending the moola having at least one handy nursing shirt while you get the hang of popping a boob out in public will save you a lot of worry and bother.
9. Buy multiple nipple creams and leave them everywhere around your house. If you breastfeed your nips are going to hurt, maybe even crack and bleed so keep the cream at hand.
Easy Homemade Herbal Mouth Washes
Going through the aisle of toothpastes and mouth washes you will find a lot of chemicals and ingredients that can cause allergic reactions. Trying to make a natural home can start to feel very complicated so I find it best to keep home made solutions simple. Mouth rinses are super easy to make. These can save you money compared to paying for chemicals to swish in your mouth.
Green tea is likely in your pantry already and reduces inflammation of the gums. If you have bleeding gums when you brush your teeth then rinsing your gum line with green tea can be helpful in reducing bleeding and red swelling of the gums cased by inflammation .
Brew a a batch of green tonic in vodka. Costco sells a high quality vodka which is less expensive than name brands so you can make a big batch of green tea infusions for your home.
For receding gum problems mix together Sesame Oil with Lemon oil and massage onto the gums every morning. You can buy sesame oil online and make a homemade batch of lemon oil by infusing a 1/4 cup of olive oil and half a lemon's peel.
Rose vinegar is a great tonic for strengthening your lovely pink gums and can be used as a rinse for the mouth. For making rose vinegar, take 3 ounces of rose petals and soak in red wine vinegar. This tastes weird but works great.
Site Designed by TBTWorks.net