9 Things every first time mom needs to do
2. Don't care what other people say about your parenting. You will make mistakes, you will have awesome mom moments and it is all fine. Screw the other parents, grand-parents and strangers who dare even give you a side eye.
3. Take a shower, even if you have to sit the kid in the shower with you, strap them in a chair so they can watch you or drag their pack&play around, get in a rinse off. Bathing will make you feel human and if not sane at least alive.
4. Accept poop. Poop will be places you never thought possible. It will smell and squish and be important in ways you can't imagine. It's cool, we know you care a lot so just go with it.
5. Buy and learn everything about your pressure cooker, it will feed you and your family when the baby won't let you put him down. Toss in a chicken, throw in carrots while you cry and press that start button. Boom you've got dinner.
7. Use diaper wipes for everything. You'll smell some days (weeks) and that's okay. There will be puke on things. That's cool. Just wipe up and you're good to go.
8. Buy nursing shirts. Even if you don't feel like spending the moola having at least one handy nursing shirt while you get the hang of popping a boob out in public will save you a lot of worry and bother.
9. Buy multiple nipple creams and leave them everywhere around your house. If you breastfeed your nips are going to hurt, maybe even crack and bleed so keep the cream at hand.